If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (601) 829-2162

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Grease Is the Word

6/16/2022 (Permalink)

A kitchen is damaged during a grease fire. This homeowner had a grease fire erupt while attempting to cook some dinner,

A fire in the kitchen can happen to anyone.  The rule is never leave anything cooking unattended.  While that's a fantastic rule, fires can break out at any time, even to the most attentive chef.  Grease fires are particularly dangerous.  Grease is extremely flammable, and is dangerous all by itself when overheated.  It is important to pay close attention when slowly heating grease for cooking.  When grease is overheating, it begins to put off smoke that will get thicker and darker before it eventually ignites.  

Once a grease fire has started, it is important to remember what to do.  Never fan a grease fire, or attempt to put it out with water or flour. Do turn off it's heat source, and attempt to cover it with a lid or cookie sheet to cut off it's air supply.  Baking soda or salt are effective in smothering a grease fire, and a fire extinguisher should be used as a last resort.  

Nothing is as important as calling 911, and letting first responders handle the situation.  Once all is done, trust SERVPRO of Brandon to restore the home to it's former glory.  Call 601-829-2162!

Other News

View Recent Posts